Monday, March 28, 2011

wardrobing the others. i mean, the actors.

Last week I shot a project for my Production class. It is a post apocalyptic sci-fi movie, set on a distant planet, that I wrote and directed. We worked in smallish crews of only four people, so I also did the production design and the costume design.




The three young actors (the "patients") are wearing outfits that I made from one $5 bolt of fabric. They are also wearing white leggings that I bought at Forever 21. The "nurse" character is wearing a nurse's outfit from the Salvation Army and a blue scarf that I made last minute by cutting up one of my own dresses. Since my characters are living on a desert home world, they needed special eye wear. These were really fun to make and I got to put my obsession with huge sunglasses to good use. I took three old pairs of sunglasses and three pairs of children's swimming goggles. I cut them up, glued them together and then painted them silver and then black. A little sandpaper and voila! Creepy sci-fi eyewear.




I'm really happy with the footage and excited for the film. I'll bring it to class to share when it is finished.

2 comments:

  1. nice. You will enjoy working with Maya when you take Andreas' class. Someone in that class is making goggles of a sort using the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! Would love to hear the responses about your daileys or the first cut...

    ReplyDelete