Sunday, January 23, 2011

The first step is admitting you have a problem

My current obsession:
http://www.forever21.com/twelve/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=12x12%5Fsomething%5Fchic&product%5Fid=2068655616&Page=1

I, like most Western women, have a shopping addiction, and my acquisitive desires can take on extreme proportions. An example: it's dawn on Sunday morning. I have to get up soon and get ready for a 10-hour shift as a hostess at The Cheesecake Factory. I'm still exhausted from last night's shift. But I'm willing to get up even earlier than necessary to drive to Old Town Pasadena before work. Why? The Pasadena Forever 21 is the only store that has this amazing feather cape in my size. I planned on buying it on-line afterwork last night, but by the time I got home, they were sold out, leaving me with a (ridiculously) inconsolable sense of loss and regret--how could I let it slip out of my fingers! So in 4 hours, I plan on getting, up, getting dressed, hauling-ass to 'Dena to search for my query, and then using all my cosmetic mastery to look like something vaguely presentable at work, and smile all day for my guests, because that what nice girls are supposed to do.

2 comments:

  1. And I MUST know??? Did you get the cape???

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!!! I called beforehand and they were sold out--My dreams of vintage-inspired, feathered-glamour have been dashed!

    ReplyDelete